Pork Adobo Gozleme
4 – 6servings
The ultimate Filipino fusion – Greece meets Philippines
- Pork Adobo
1 x Kg pork belly
1 x Bottle of Mini Pinoy Grill – All Purpose Marinade
1 x Tablespoon ground black pepper
1 x handful of bay leave
1 x 315ml Water
- Gozleme Pasty
2 x cups of plain flour
1 x cup of Greek Yogurt
1 x Greek Feta
1 x Tablespoon olive oil
1 x Pinch of Salt
- Pork Adobo
- Slice pork belly into rashers and place everything into a medium pot.
- Gently stir all ingredients to ensure they are mixed well
- Cook on high 30-45mins with lid on, stirring occasionally to ensure it does not burn
- Once the pork belly is soft enough to cut with a spoon, simmer for 5-10mins
- Gozleme Pastry
- Mix all ingredients together. Mix lightly to ensure the pastry stays nice a fluffy
- Once everything is combined nicely into a ball of dough, break off a lemon sized piece and knead the dough on a floured bench. using a rolling pin, flatten dough to 1mm thin rectangular shapes.
- Cut pork belly into bit size pieces and place a handful, along with feta cheese on the bottom half of the rectangle.
- Fold over pastry, ensuring to add olive oil on the inside edges to help seal the pastry.
- Pan fry both sides with olive oil. Make sure both sides are golden brown
- serve with freshly sliced lemon